Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdated NumericRanks v0.4-alpha

Easier configuration of your permissions and ranks by numbers! [Dev-Friendly]

1. PEMapModder
    For PocketMine-MP:
    Amai Beetroot (sorry I only tested for this stable version)
    NumericRanks is a plugin that allows you to set command permissions yourself easily.

Generally, maybe in your mind, there is a permission pyramid like this:
    Code:
                                / \
                              /     \
    Owner                  /PEMapModder\
    Co-owner              /  12458  yy  \
    Admin.            /superkill_168 AllyzsaMC\
    Ops             /DonutsHaveEggs4 voltagekraft\
    Donators.     / whatever   this     name     is\
    Normal ones /a lot of and a lot of normal players\

Not sure what is going on your mind, but it is pretty basic to believe that, the people at the upper part of the pyramid have access to the commands those at the lower part of the pyramid has access to.

So, what about something like this: since all commands the normal players have access to are usable by everyone, let's call the permission of the normal players 0.
    And then, donators have a bit more commands usable, so call their permission 10.
    Obviously ops should have access to all commands a donator can have too to resolve, like, disputes among donators.
    Now, we have a command called /spleef that teleports a player to the spleef arena. Only donators can use this command. But ops should also have permission to ot in case something happens at the spleef arena. So, if I say,
    So, I would mean that,
    Simple? (Hope so)

Now with NumericRanks we can set permissions like this. Use /numrank help to see your commands. You can use them to set your ranks.
    For details, read the Documentation tab.
    Thanks! :)
    [Spoiler="Very complicated original description]It is clear that most of us feel the trouble to configurate in other permission-oriented plugins. (I am not giving examples to avoid offense, but if you have the experience you would have understood) Now in NumericRanks, you can just assign each rank and command a number (permission index, perm-idx for abbreviation), and if a player's perm-idx is higher than that required to use a command, the player can use that command. Simple? (OK I admit that my English is not simple enough. I would be thankful if someone who believes his English to be short and simple helps me. But at least the plugin itself is simple enough.)
    [/spoiler]

For developers: To access the permissions in the plugin, read the init() function in the code, or read the documentation (if I had already added it).

Read the documentation for more information. (if I had finished it)

Development versions and bug reporting page at https://github.com/PEMapModder/NumericRanks/new

Please, if you can, report bugs on GitHub not here. And please don't give ratings according to the bugs because I have already known some bugs and am fixing them.

Feature plans:
    - A brand new, exclusive, innovative syntax for chat overriding! (I am doing something like: [{camelcase("@rank"!="player"=>"[@rank]":"")}] @player: [{lowercase("@msg")}]
    - Exceptions! (the literal one, not the programming one) Allow or disallow certian actions, for example, for permission index 0, allow "/pg lock", but not "/pg passlock".
    Alternate Categories:
    • Anti-Griefing Tools
    • Chat Related
    • Developer Tools
    • Informational

Recent Updates

1. Important bug fix!
  2. Alias Update

Recent Reviews

1. BorbingoBoy
    BorbingoBoy
    5/5,
    Version: v0.4-alpha
    Can you update it? I gave 5 stars to keep up :D
  2. KirkroCrafter
    KirkroCrafter
    5/5,
    Wait DonutsHaveEggs4 is my server admin lol
    1. PEMapModder
      Author's Response
      Thanks for five stars!

P.S. He isn't a good op, but he is trustworthy. I just gave him op on EYCraft to silence him xD
  3. FeeTheAwesomest
    FeeTheAwesomest
    4/5,
    Pretty good, very simple indeed
    but i have this error

05.04 17:13:37 [Server] ERROR A E_WARNING error happened: "Illegal offset type in isset or empty" in "/plugins/NumericRank.php" at line 235

if you fix it i will give u 5 star (it didnt happed before untill i upgrade to version 0.4-alpha)
    1. PEMapModder
      Author's Response
      I think it is an error with the YAML extension.
  4. Jag
    Jag
    5/5,
    It took me a little while to understand how the commands for this plugin works. But after using for a couple of weeks I am very happy with it. I really like that it is simple (after you get the hang of it) to change command values or add new commands (only chg the point value once). On my server I have a base player level, a trusted level that allows players to use beAreaProtect, a VIP level, an OP level and an admin/owner level.
    1. PEMapModder
      Author's Response
      Thanks for your positive comment!

Anyway I realized that some server owners would want some ranks inter-dependent. Such as, in EYCraft, there were two kinds of op, economy op and builder op. Economy ones could not use world editor and builders could not use economy commands like /setmoney. I will add an exception feature in later updates to resolve this problem.
  5. Bye
    Bye
    4/5,
    I just wanna use the chat in one world thing.
    1. PEMapModder
      Author's Response
      LOL!

But do you understand the ranks thing? You are too lazy to setup? :P
  6. Anonymous
    Anonymous
    3/5,
    There is a bug:
    when you firstly adding this plugin on your server>the whole map are disappering. All chunks are becomes invisible and whole area is on air blocks
    1. PEMapModder
      Author's Response
      This should only be a matter of coincidence and have nothing to do with this plugin I think.
  7. Anonymous
    Anonymous
    4/5,
    Version: Alpha-3 R.C.
    Why you named it donator 10, only player 0.
    Can you make it like donator-d, only player-p, admin- a
    1. PEMapModder
      Author's Response
      Then this is even harder to understand! It is just an example, and you want it to be harder to be understood with unknowns?
  8. LDX
    LDX
    4/5,
    Version: Alpha-3 R.C.
    Fairly good, a little too complex for my taste. At least there aren't any apparent bugs.
    1. PEMapModder
      Author's Response
      Well I must admit this is too complex, but once you get the idea it is very convenient to configure.
  9. Anonymous
    Anonymous
    3/5,
    Version: Alpha 2 R.C.
    I don't understand what is means. In my opinion the permission plus plugin is better cuz you have ability to add new comands in game. If you change comands like in permission+ it would be great
    1. PEMapModder
      Author's Response
      Please give PROPER reasons. I can't report you for this but really, please understand the plugin, not giving poor ratings just because you don't understand it.

There is a command list at the documentation tap.
  10. LeagueOfLowie
    LeagueOfLowie
    5/5,
    Version: Alpha 1 R.C.
    Cool :D
Advertisement