Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Pocketmine ever work?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by MrHollick, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smarticles101

Smarticles101 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Smarticles101
    It sounds to me like you are complaining. Be grateful that there is as much stuff implemented as there is! PocketMine works just fine, the only problems is that it has a few bugs. That's OK though BC @shoghicp is trying his best to build a good software so us players can have a good time, if you want to post angry messages about how pm is bs then I suggest that you go try to build your own server software and try to debug That!

I will simply not tolerate you griping and complaining just BC ofof a few things not working.
    Dutok likes this.
  2. Dutok

Dutok Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    He said sorry, although his original post was extremely rude. I think we should stop yelling at him, haha. :D

It's aggravating to see someone storm the forums and make rude posts just because they can't read simple instructions. It says PocketMine is in development all over the website and in the console when you start PocketMine, but apparently some people have to blame others for their stupidity!

Oh well, rant over. Can a moderator lock this thread? It's been out of control since the first post. :p
    Smarticles101 likes this.
  3. Smarticles101

Smarticles101 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Smarticles101
    Or a mod can delete the tread completely BC it aggravates me to even see it
    Dutok likes this.
  4. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Shhh it super duper difficult!!!!

No seriously though I kind of tried to emphasize the point that it's super difficult to even understand for people even with my sort of knowledge of coding (which is a bit but not a lot). Sure it's probably simple for people like you and shog because you're geniuses! XD
    Dutok likes this.
  5. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    You are exaggerating. You just need to have a strong possession of your own mind, and try to understand things in a robot's perspective. Then it will be easy in whatever language you want to code in and understand.

And of course, you need to have a strong bade of mathematics, and especially trigonometry and geometry in this case (minecraft programming).
    Smarticles101 likes this.
  6. Dutok

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    (XD Triple post!!) That's a very good way to put it - to think like a robot.
  7. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Sorry bad connection -_-"

BTW I just deleted a liked post :(

Edit: And don't like this one please. I know some people tend to like this one and then ask "happy now?" :p
    Dutok likes this.
  8. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Well I'm already a robot. Just a stupid one XP Seriously though I just don't have enough experience yet I don't think (or really enough time to just study stuff to get better).
  9. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Well, just try to possess and understand your mind (like an android app as a superuser). For example, when you fire an arrow, what in fact happens? If you study physics, you will understand that a projectile has a constant horizontal component (horizontal speed) and a uniformly decreasing vertical component (-9.8m/s as in real life). Then, you just need to make a field to store the number of seconds passed from the projection start, initial coordinates, horizontal speed and initial vertical speed. With these you can always evaluate the current position of a projectile. Another example is mobs. When you notice how you fight a skeleton at night, as a developer or as an experienced minecraft player, you would notice that fighting a skeleton involves the following:
    1. You or the skeleton moves towards each other.
    2. The distance is so close such that you are detected by the skeleton. In other words 5-3 skeleton "looks around" (scans) the (maybe 16)-block radius circle/sphere around it and finds any possible target.
    3. The skeleton decides his target.
    4. The skeleton periodically (maybe every tick) updates its yaw and pitch so that it moves towards the target but a little biased to the left (skeleton's right) so that it is not too close.
    5. The skeleton periodically sends arrows to the player, with random misses.
    6. If the player is killed, the skeleton no longer has a target and wanders around detecting targets again.
    Darunia18 and Dutok like this.
  10. Dutok

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    Do skeletons miss on purpose? That's be interesting to find out. They always seemed pretty accurate to me.

Happy 300th post to me!! :D:D
  11. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    When you put it that way, it's a lot less confusing XD I'd still not know exactly how to do it but it sounds easier! :D
  12. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    I don't think his main question is really about the difficulty of it (which makes this sound even more hopeless), but rather if any of these things will EVER come to be. He just wants to know if we will ever see a fully functional version. Honestly, I think well be hanging around on this forum for another year or even more before we get even ONE of the features he even mentioned. Shog might even retire the project to someone else one of these days before we know It.

Realistically, how long do YOU think it will take to have a fully functional version of PocketMine? Have we ever had a fully functional version before? If it's really that difficult to program all of this, then how confident should we be about ever seeing a fully functional version?

Now let that sink in for a bit. Believe me, we'll be here on the forum for a long, long time before any of this comes to realization, IMHO anyway.

However, I understand why as well and know the heavy task at hand so I don't complain or expect things to come when "I" want them too. It looks so impossible from my standpoint that I'm impressed Shog even got THIS far! I fully appreciate what we have now and the work he already put into it. (Maybe he could have released a version that's a bit more stable, but at least he's trying to make people happy and get SOMETHING working for 0.9, or we wouldn't even have PocketMine at all right now, not even to test plugins)

Lol @ my own sig

Edit: I think Shog just needs a nice break regardless, which I hope he's still doing now. He'll either come back fresh or retire after so long. I would definitely be a little more optimistic if there were an entire TEAM programming PocketMine, but there's really not... Lol take that with a grain if salt because there's still a seemingly endless amount of programming to do.. Poor Shog needs help directly on the project itself, and that's all there is to it :/
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  13. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    He's working on chunks saving right now because 0.9 has so much changed in it.
    Stand in front of a skeleton 6 blocks away, trap it in fences and see if it misses you.
    Darunia18 and Dutok like this.
  14. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    You bring a smile to my face :p I thought he was on vacation, I heard. I'm fine either way though because if it's just him directly working on this thing then I can imagine the pressure that would bring to him from the public, so a vacation could refresh him with a new found motive :D
    PEMapModder and Dutok like this.
  15. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    He has much more ;) and :) after the vacation.
    Darunia18, loginphp and Dutok like this.
  16. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    We're totally off-topic now :D
    Darunia18 likes this.
  17. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Don't be so subjective. He used NetherBox, and he only pays NetherBox, so he has a high chance of not knowing about the releases and versions and stabilities at all.
  18. Dutok

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    Exactly my point. He should do more research before blindly posting angry posts on the PocketMine forums.

I would understand being angry with NetherBox, but coming to the forums and being angry at PocketMine is completely different and wrong.
  19. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA!
    Dutok likes this.
  20. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Alpha's beta ;)