Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Pocketmine ever work?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by MrHollick, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrHollick

MrHollick New Member

Minecraft User:
    MrHollick
    I am curious if Pocketmine will ever actually work correctly. I have a server through Servercrate/Netherbox and nothing ever works. Netherbox blames Pocketmine, Pocketmine says all is well, big BS circle.

Noteably animals and mobs do not spawn. After mining an item if it is above ground lvl you can NOT pick it up it just spins around floating above the ground. you have to actually hop up to the exact spot it was before being mined. thats nonsense if you ask me.

It seems there are certain basic elements that should be working before the software is ever released and something as basic as mining items and picking them up sounds about as basic as it gets. Not to mention that there are no animals wtf?

The single player version of 9.0 or 8.0 for that matter is fantastic why can you guys get the multiplayer game together??

Very frustrated especially as everyone kept telling us all will be fixed in 9.0 or 1.4 rather. I don't know how people even play on servers in the state the game is in.
  2. KnownUnown

KnownUnown Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    KnownUnown
    Be patient. We don't control MCPE multi-player. We (or rather @shoghicp) has to reverse engineer every release and see what makes it tick. Networking stuff. MCPE multi-player bugs. Also, we are not the official MCPE server. Don't like our progress, make one yourself :p Either way, be patient.
    XM4096, Renzo, iJoshuaHD and 3 others like this.
  3. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Items, mobs, and minecarts all require physics, which is very, very, very complicated to program. In 1.4, item physics have been implemented, but mobs and minecarts are still waiting. In addition to just physics, mobs also need an AI, which is like the brain, telling the mob what to do. All these "basic things" you're talking about are actually very, very complicated. We're lucky that we can even connect to multiplayer servers right now and see other players' entities, destroy blocks, and all that kind of stuff. Yes, PocketMine will work, but it's not easy by any means. If you think it's easy, why not take a look at the source code so far and show me how simple it is. Actually, why not just code it yourself if it's that easy?

I don't mind people asking why things aren't quite up-to-par with singleplayer yet or why certain things aren't added yet, but I don't stand for people saying that it's easy, because @shoghicp has put probably over a thousand hours into PocketMine so far to get it this far, and I hold so much respect for him for doing so much work and not giving up and continuing to do this for free.
  4. HostingItAll

HostingItAll Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Console
    Things will come in time - Thanks for all your hard work PM developers!
  5. MrHollick

MrHollick New Member

Minecraft User:
    MrHollick
    For Free? really? so it is just a project of love not a business? That is an awful lot of work for free!!!

Also I NEVER said it was easy. I think i said the "Basic elements or basic things" should be working before its put out there. Imagine putting out GTA with no working cars :) Im just frustrated when I try doing a simple task like placing an item on the ground and that item along with the entire stack it came from disappears out of my inventory. And be clear i understand it is NO "simple task" to create a game in the first place that allows you to put down an object to build something out of blocks or whatever. Not too mention mob AI is a whole other thing, but you got to admit that spawning into a world void of the basic life forms we are accustom to can be a little disappointing.

Anyway please know I too have a great respect for people that sit around starring thousands of lines of code looking for a single comma or character out of place, I realize yes it is a daunting task but one people that do this sign up for. Also I understand that most people don't post about how wonderful things are when they are working and tend to post out of frustration when things are not working correctly.

Im frustrated mostly with Netherbox who have been charging me for months on end telling things will be squared away shortly, not you guys.

Yes it would be wonderful to be able to leave single player that is working perfectly and jump to the exact same environment in multiplayer, and I am glad there are people like you guys at Pocketmine working to make that a reality!

I also do apologize if I offended anyone with my frustrated outburst earlier, I know how hard you guys must be working to get it right, now stop reading these forums and get back to work!!!!
  6. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    Yeah it's all for free. And PocketMine doesn't advertise that it's complete. What's released so far is so others can help test what's available so far. If you wanted all the "basic" stuff added, then good luck waiting a few months with nothing instead of some things!

Yes it's disappointing without mobs, but he's working on more important things, like being able to join, move, chat, etc. I don't actually code any of PocketMine :p Shog's actually taking a short break, since he hasn't had one in over a year.
    Andrey Nazarchuk and PEMapModder like this.
  7. MrHollick

MrHollick New Member

Minecraft User:
    MrHollick
    Too much work with no break is bad, good to hear he has had a chance to get some R&R!

Again don't mean to sound like a d*ck just been frustrated. I know you guys are working hard to make things smooth.
  8. Darunia18

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Darunia18
    I know it's frustrating, but trust me, it's getting better and better each day! :D
  9. Dutok

Dutok Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    PocketMine 1.4 is in beta. Everything is expected to not work right, and a lot of things aren't even implemented yet!

Blame your host. They are giving you the unfinished product. Nobody from the PocketMine forums or Github with any authority would ever tell you that this is the final, stable product and you should use it in production.

PocketMine isn't officially supported by Mojang and, like Bukkit, is fan-made. Everything will come out very slow because the PocketMine team doesn't have the time and resources of a professional video game company.

It's very rude of you to come on the forums and insult the software because you're unable to read the clear documentation that says this shouldn't be used on live servers.

It is right for Netherbox to blame PocketMine for the broken features and bugs, as it is caused by PocketMine, but you're at fault for trying to launch a server from unfinished software.

10. MrHollick

MrHollick New Member

Minecraft User:
    MrHollick
    I have already apologized for previous comments.

When I signed up for a MCPE server and paid my money, there was no mention or documentation suggesting anything about not running live servers, in fact quite the opposite. I was given to understand that i would be receiving a server that was running just fine, yes I was clearly unfamiliar with the state of the multiplayer MCPE.

I am sure that you may concede that people have bad/off days and will make a post out of frustration not intended to be rude or an attack and can hope any that are offended will understand and accept apologies.
    PEMapModder, Tuff and Dutok like this.
  11. Dutok

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    Netherbox may have mislead you but you storming to the forums with an angry post, before even reading the home page, was my issue with this thread.
    HostingItAll and Darunia18 like this.
  12. MrHollick

MrHollick New Member

Minecraft User:
    MrHollick
    Again, point taken, apology extended to all.
    Andrey Nazarchuk, Falk and Dutok like this.
  13. KnownUnown

KnownUnown Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    KnownUnown
    Thanks for apologizing and correcting the situation :) Not a lot of people on the Internet do that.
  14. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Not as complicated as it sounds from what you have written ;)
  15. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    And @Dutok is the kind of people who insist their point of blaming to the end ;)
  16. Dutok

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    ??? I don't understand your English, sorry.
    YandES100 and LDX like this.
  17. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    It is a curious fact that Martian is extremely similar to English, the human being language used wide on the Earth. Sadly, most livings cannot distinguish them.
  18. Dutok

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    What?? I'm just trying to figure out what you said.
  19. PEMapModder

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    And you can't because it is Martian :D
    Dutok likes this.
  20. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    This is bogus.........
    Andrey Nazarchuk and Dutok like this.