Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Which PocketMine Server Host is the Best?

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Darunia18, Jan 31, 2014.

?

Which server host is the best?

1. ServerCrate

13.9%
  2. potpotsie

9.9%
  3. PocketServer

14.9%
  4. WoBHosting

7.9%
  5. eDevil

3.0%
  6. Other (post below)

50.5%
  1. zhaus

zhaus New Member

Minecraft User:
    zhaus
    A VPS will give you more flexibility at the sacrifice of performance. PocketMine requires a lot of CPU compared to any other resource and it's the hardest to come by with a VPS.

Luckily 1.4 utilises multiple cores better than 1.3 which will make VPS more viable. At PocketServer.net we used to run exclusively on VPS, but with the bigger servers having lag issues (as mentioned above by LDX) we've moved most our servers to dedicated hardware and the performance difference was very noticeable.

That is the main difference a host can give you, bare metal high performance CPUs for VPS (or less) prices.
    Lambo and LDX like this.
  2. jonathan5665

jonathan5665 New Member

Minecraft User:
    Enderman5665
    hey, I have a problem, everytime I make a server, it is only local. how do I make a server that people can play in other states
    DunxandMinecraft likes this.
  3. DunxandMinecraft

DunxandMinecraft Active Member

You need to port forward which is dangerous because someone could take your internet down. Learn more about how to port forward your router here: http://portforward.com/
    PEMapModder likes this.
  4. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Much better.. Pay 5USD per month and host a server with digitalocean. No portfowarding, only some basic linux and screen/tmux stuff! It is all on the forums.
    Dutok likes this.
  5. DunxandMinecraft

DunxandMinecraft Active Member

Digital Ocean are very good at hosting MCPE Servers. Plus you can get first two months free. William TDR has a tutorial of how to set it up on his YT Channel.
  6. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    I love it.:D
  7. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
  8. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    DigitalOcean looks ridiculously high-priced to me. $10/mo for 1GB RAM and a single core, with only 30GB disk space and a 2TB limit on traffic?? No thanks. I'm using 1&1 right now, and for $10/mo, I have 2GB RAM and a dual-core processor, with 150GB disk space and unlimited traffic. This is only the price for the first six months, but I'm thinking about switching to OVH, which, for $11/mo, has 4GB RAM, three cores, 50GB disk space, and 10TB traffic, AND it includes an IPv6 address with the IPv4 one.
    Legoboy0215, HellBublz and luca28pet like this.
  9. Pman1220

Pman1220 Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Pman1220
    Please don't waste your time at OVH. Their servers are OVERLOADED! I got 60-85% load with no plugins and 2 players. I don't recommend it.
    LDX likes this.
  10. Pman1220

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Pman1220
    RamNode isn't bad if your looking for the most bang for your buck! If you don't want to use DigitalOcean I found InterServer was an alternative to them. TMZ Host was pretty solid as well. Whats your price range? If you can afford it I really recommend Dedicated. Some companys like hostingitall will setup a custom one for you so you don't have to break the bank for one. But please don't go with OVH. Take it from a person who has used them (me). They aren't worth you time or hard earned cash. There is a reason why they are so cheap.
    HellBublz likes this.
  11. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    You know, everyone has their opinion. Are you starting a huge server? Then I do not recommend DigitalOcean.
    Yes, indeed they are over priced. But, I only use the $5 one so it does not seem to matter.
  12. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    ramnode
  13. HOST

HOST Active Member

Minecraft User:
    HOST
    i use a dedicated server for my minecraft server running on
    intel® Xeon®
    E3-1230v3
    4x3,3 GHz
    32 GB RAM

(reason also hosting pc servers)
    i might if interested give out some slots? but with rcon connection meaning u have ownership.
  14. TrueBaccaAli

TrueBaccaAli Active Member

Don't you think 32GB's of RAM is too much? Unless your talking about a Minecraft PC server which we aren't talking about.
  15. HOST

HOST Active Member

Minecraft User:
    HOST
    i use this hosting for my own game server pc version (flyff and mu. but also using it now for minecraft pe. thats the reason i have 32GB ram
  16. Dutok

Dutok Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Dutok
    If it wasn't obvious, DigitalOcean is more for developers as they provide an API, one-click fast server creation, hourly payment, backups, and premade server images. :rolleyes:

If you are looking for a PocketMine host for something other than development I'd try somewhere else.
    LDX likes this.
  17. minebuilder0110

minebuilder0110 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Apparitional
    I got VPS by hostyourbox... I think no one know's it.
  18. evilgamers147

evilgamers147 New Member

Minecraft User:
    evilgamers147
    из российских для меня самый лучший mcpe-24host.ru
  19. Pman1220

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    Pman1220
    I used premium but im sure standard is fine
  20. TheLucyClub

TheLucyClub Banned

Minecraft User:
    iCreepyKid
    Netherbox.com

Powerful Hardware
    The servers we use to host Minecraft servers are configured with hardware to make them run as efficiently as possible. Our team picked out high performance SSDs, RAM and CPUs to make your servers virtually lag-free.

Reliable Uptime
    We have a team of technicians constantly monitoring our servers, to ensure minimal downtime. In the case of unexpected downtime, we deploy our team to fix the issue within an hour, ensuring your servers stay up.

Control Panel
    Don't worry about editing config files or uploading plugins, our control panel allows you to manage your server with ease. Within minutes, you'll have your Minecraft server fully configured, ready for players to join!

Great Support
    Our team of support technicians here to help you! Whether you have a question about one of our products, or an issue with your server, let us know and our friendly support will help you resolve any issues!

FTP Access
    SSD Powered
    DDOS Protected
    + Much More!

(Plus, they have reasonable prices.)