Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote PocketMine-MP on Sourceforge, and other news

Comments in 'Community News' started by shoghicp, Mar 1, 2014.

1. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Well... IDK how threads work in PocketMine, probably just some sleep() things (but I can't explain multiple threads), but in Windows a normal notebook (laptop) usually has 500 to 600 threads in progress (including the background services, UI threads, applications, blah blah). As I observe, pushing commits to a remote using the official Git client usually uses two threads (as it echoes on the terminal).
    It depends on what you meant, one thread for each mob, mob type or all mobs. But I am pretty sure that one thread for each ENTITY would cause DANGER (?) to the host. (Definition of terms: in this community, "USER" in code generally means the developers of PHP programs, "host" refers to the host of the server and "client" refers to the people who login into the server using a copy of MCPE.)

Maybe it is too exaggressive to use the term "DANGER", but just well, one mob one thread should not be considered. As for a separate thread for mobs, it depends on how @shoghicp makes threads in PHP. (According to @shoghicp, threading is not an existing feature in PHP)
  2. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    I wouldn't create new threads for any entity except animals, mobs and possibly minecarts. Anyway I would let shochicp do what he has to do for Mob AI.
  3. gabby_pogi123

gabby_pogi123 New Member

Minecraft User:
    CommanderGabs123
    Not really... but you may see it once you will :D plus no one can always see disadvantages in threads
    PEMapModder likes this.
  4. gabby_pogi123

gabby_pogi123 New Member

Minecraft User:
    CommanderGabs123
    Nice... Um please make replica of Minecraft mods pls pls pls like the mod being used for awesome minigames like hide and seek, and you know. Pls make this even if this is hard. It will be worth your hardwork we assure that. Plus it will boost some secret stuff hehehe... :S
  5. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Dinokiller_
    No announcements for a while... I guess shochicp is working hard on the update.
    gabby_pogi123 and PEMapModder like this.
  6. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    "Another opportunity in a few months"?
  7. swagalicious1928

swagalicious1928 New Member

Minecraft User:
    ObEy_BoSs_SoNy