Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Upcoming changes in API and PHP7

Comments in 'PocketMine News' started by shoghicp, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Hi everyone, the release of MCPE 0.14 approaches rapidly... thanks largely to Intyre (I believe) this time we have a 0.14 compatible PM with PHP7 before the update is even released :)

What more could we ask for? Well... since an API update means plugin pandemonium, I think it would be a good idea to add a dedicated 0.14 Plugins section, maybe as a new plugin category or tab, partly to encourage devs to update early and get featured, but also to centralize the information instead of forcing users to search through all the plugins' info to see which are 0.14 ready, thereby encouraging them to leave triple posts on all the Help forums asking for a working version.

Also I'm sure that many 'inactive' plugins will be updated by users (and never by some devs) who'll probably be happy to share their 0.14 compatible versions, so how about a section for "User Submitted Updates" with the possibility to propose updated .phar files?

If there isn't some reorganisation of the Plugin section when 0.14 is released, then I fear the moderators of this site will be overwhelmed by the chaos that will ensue!
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Primus likes this.
  2. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    I will (hopefully if I remember) add a page on pmt.mcpe.me that will forcefully make plugins that only support API 1.x.x to support API 2.x.x. The plugin may still not work, but for many plugins, it won't break anything (so far).
  3. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    @PEMapModder that'll be a great help - Imagical have their PHP7 0.14 build accepting API 1.x.x plugins, and they all work fine except ManyWorlds, Slapper and a few others that complain about reserved class names, so nothing too hard to fix hopefully. Thanks!
  4. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    That's the problem. The API version was bumped because some plugins will have reserved class names problem. It is very irresponsible of ImagicalMine to not bump their API version with backwards-incompatible changes.
  5. Jazzwhistle

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    Irresponsible I'm sure, but since the update might well be released later today... it's the only way most servers are going to be able to stay open, unfortunately.
  6. LVC

LVC New Member

You don't need to add type-hints everywhere, just on the classes that extend from PocketMine. It is recommended, though, as you will get less undefined behavior and more performance.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
    PEMapModder likes this.
  7. django

django New Member

Minecraft User:
    aardbertus
    can someone please help i want to make a 0.14.1 pocketmine server
  8. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    archie426, aryamz and applqpak like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.