Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Still Waiting For Plugin Approval And New Plugins Release

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by ImSilencer, May 14, 2016.

1. ImSilencer

ImSilencer New Member

Minecraft User:
    ImSilencer
    I don't know, I posted a new plugin PocketChair-Allow Players To Sit In Chairs. But Still waiting for it xD
    I know staffs have their own life and they are quite busy to manage the PocketMine site. But I think it should be better if there are some kinda plugins auto approving or a new Plugins-Checker recruitment :3. There are maybe some members are waiting for their plugins post in the forums, maybe long time ago.
    I hope my request is accepted. I don't want our sites becomes inactive :(
    Lets make PocketMine becomes the best server software ever xD
  2. Survingo

Survingo Active Member

All recommend members to be a Plugin Reviewer left...
    Maybe the staff could add a new one, who knows I'm not Intyre the staff

Pocketmine isn't inactive, it's just slowed down a little bit.
    Intyre is managing Pocketmine, the moderators are managing the forums and shoghicp is working at Mojang at this moment, doing stuff for 0.15+ and managing pocketmine, too.
  3. ImSilencer

ImSilencer New Member

Minecraft User:
    ImSilencer
    ok. But I hope everything will be better XD
  4. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    i think whatever you added is a public one and dont meet PM forum standard (it is just imo since i am not staff)
    can someone tell me is taking plugin form outside to here is allowed
  5. Jazzwhistle

Jazzwhistle Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Awzaw
    I'm not sure why there are so few people qualified to review plugins; it's not exactly mission-critical pull requests we are talking about here... For the most part it's probably a single page of code to check for backdoors, plagiarism etc. Most of the work would probably be to test if it works.

Staff could ask some of the server owners to test plugins actually work as advertised, and ask some senior plugin devs (many seem willing to help) to check the code - that would reduce their workload and decrease review times.

The real question here is whether ONLY shoghicp can make decisions like this for these forums. If so, we are indeed in trouble.

It would be so easy to add an "unapproved plugins" section for stuff awaiting review - with warnings that the code is untested, and ratings etc that could help the final approval/rejection process. It would be no more "Dangerous" than downloading unverified plugins on github, which is what many servers do anyway.

Disclaimer: 3 plugins waiting for approval patiently, one of which has been thumb twiddling for a month already
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    DeathRaven359 and Survingo like this.
  6. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    we should have a unmoderated depo
    (no check will be run against the plugin for anything)
    DeathRaven359 likes this.
  7. DeathRaven359

DeathRaven359 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    DeathRaven359
    Nice idea!

An area filled with unmoderated plugins. No checks go through at all, and there would be a little thing warning that says plain and clear that the plugins there have not been moderated and may be not working correctly/ be harmful to your server/unreliable/copied. So you download at your own risk.

Official plugins list (what we have now) would be moderated plugins that are reliable and safe to use.

So... what could we do to make this a thing?
  8. DeathRaven359

DeathRaven359 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    DeathRaven359