Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Release PocketMine-MP Alpha_1.4dev-277 beta2 is now available!

Comments in 'PocketMine News' started by shoghicp, Jul 14, 2014.

1. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
    A new PocketMine-MP Beta Build has been released!
    Alpha_1.4dev-277 beta2, for Minecraft: PE v0.9.1 alpha

Will plugins break?
    This build uses the API version 1.1.0, being backwards-compatible with 1.0.0. As such, all plugins that work on 1.0.0 do not have to update the version tag - it'll just work. Doing so might cause plugins to fail working where they would have run without issues. If plugin developers have done everything right, no updates are needed to support this.

Should I use this Beta Build?
    There are three types of builds: stable, beta and development. A beta build is meant for test servers, and plugin developers that want a more stable environment. If you are running a production server, it's recommended to stay away from these builds. If you really want to use it, please test on a separate server before doing the changes on the server.

Where can I submit bugs?
    Please do not submit features not implemented. They will implemented in future beta builds, and doesn't help the developers. If there is a true bug you found, please submit it on the Bug Tracker. Please search in it for duplicated bugs. Do not request help or plugin support there. Provide as much information as you can, and keep titles short and informative.

Notable changes
    This beta adds timings, that you can use to find the plugins that lag your server or check server performance. It also fixes lots of memory issues and improves overall CPU usage. Lots of other fixes have been added.

For a more detailed changelog, check the details page

Download PocketMine-MP Alpha_1.4dev-277 build1 here
    Direct PocketMine-MP_Alpha_1.4dev-277phar download
    XDF, ZacHack, loginphp and 2 others like this.
  2. LDX

LDX Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Is health implemented yet?
  3. shoghicp

shoghicp Staff Member PocketMine Team

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    shoghicp
    It seems that you didn't even check. Health was implemented in beta1
    Striker209_MPE and PEMapModder like this.
  4. swagboy47

swagboy47 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    swagking
    you can't run 1.4 on a phone YET , it's unstable vrsion
    LastHunterKid likes this.
  5. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    Good job. I can't wait for the day when world generation and conversion is complete and mobs have AI, then I'll be able to get my server up. Also when mining for wood you still can't mine above because the wood just drops and it doesn't get looted. I think that applies to more than just wood as well.

If you're the only guy working on this then I fear it might be a long long time before I get my server up. You're obviously working hard though! So many important fixes. Congrats!
    LDX likes this.
  6. swagboy47

swagboy47 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    swagking
    all of us are working on it, anybody is welcome to help in the project
  7. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    You're not helping with anything besides bug reporting, but that's not man power on the actual project. As far as I'm aware he's the only one building it directly, this is why these things can take much time to finish. Of course we help with bug reports but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about MAN POWER to help build Pocketmine directly with Shog. So there's only him, one man doing this, and a small team to help fix bugs.

I do appreciate the fact that it's only him working on it though. Without this mans hard work on PocketMine we wouldn't have the awesome servers we have today :)

I couldn't possibly thank him enough! ^_^
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  8. swagboy47

swagboy47 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    swagking
    PocketMine-MP Is available for testing and development of plugins that use the new API. Also, it's open to contributions from the community via pull requests. As you can see on #1288, we still have a lot of things to do. this on the testing release so everybody and developers and even plugin developers can help and if @shoghicp is doing all the work it well take up to two years to get it working but he is doing a big part of the project
    so keep that in mind
  9. I_Is_Payton_

I_Is_Payton_ Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    I_Is_Payton_
    There has never been a stable version for mobile devices to run.
    loverabc123, 64FF00 and LDX like this.
  10. DarkN3ss

DarkN3ss Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    DarkN3ss61
    Yes This fixes most of the issues I had. Now player can actually join the server :D Well Done!
  11. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    They can join, but how does the world generation look? What fun is there in making a server if people can't enjoy all the fresh biomes of 0.9? Because the last time I checked the world generation in 1.4 was incredibly bare and no matter how far I traveled It was always ponds and small hills.

I feel like servers won't be able to truly deliver until mobs and world generation are complete. The reason why people will want to join is because of the infinite worlds and new biomes and mobs. Those are the biggest part of Minecraft. I'm really curious to see if your server looks any different. May I join it?
  12. DarkN3ss

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    DarkN3ss61
    If you read what I said is said Most of the issues are fixed, I know world generation is still not working, which is why my server is running 1.3 still. Im only running 1.4 on my test server.
  13. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    Ahh ok =] and by the way, you make some of the most useful plugins. I'll be using them on my 1.4 server in the future! I hope you keep releasing. Thanks.
    DarkN3ss likes this.
  14. Asam Munye

Asam Munye New Member

Okay hello does anyone know when the stable version of Pocketmine-MP is gonna come out???
    Thank you if you answer this with a direct answer (Real date)
  15. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis New Member

Minecraft User:
    DarkSynopsis
    Hmm, Since PocketMine uses the same map format as MC: PC (Anvil) I wonder if I could generate a world and port it over to have all the biomes, I would of course generate something like 4000x4000 on PC then use the WorldBorder plugin for PocketMine for staying in the limits... sure its not infinite but its better then the original PE 256x256.
  16. Robert

Robert New Member

About to test on InstantMCPE, hoping that some of the pesky CPU issues are fixed. Thanks for the hard work shog!
  17. Pocketart

Pocketart Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Pocketart
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    I can finally build my 0.9 server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    can you add @all and @random and @motd and stuff like that?
  18. DarkN3ss

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    DarkN3ss61
    Thanks Means a lot :D
  19. Svilen2

Svilen2 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Svilen2
    Awesome! There are just a few bugs left. Good job!
    LDX likes this.
  20. TeamCraft

TeamCraft New Member

The most important thing for me is to get my old worlds back.
    I can understand its hard to implement, but keep on doing this great job!