Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Plugin: Better Generators

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by Chezzik, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    Over in the General forum, I was talking about how I've started work on several new generators. I didn't really want to make it public until I had things cleaned up a little more, but it sounded like people were interested.

I've only tested this on the mcpe-0.12 branch (bleeding edge), but I believe it should work on 0.11 servers also. I placed the plugin on Dropbox for now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zepk1kop3grzxwr/BetterGenerators_v0.8.1.phar?dl=0

No dependencies are necessary, but I highly recommend using it with MoreWorlds.

You can create a world with ManyWorlds from the console as such:

/mw create myworld 0 betternormal

Of course, replace "myworld" with what you want to call it, and replace "0" with the seed you want to use, and replace "betternormal" with the generator from my pack that you want to use.

Here's the generators I have so far:

"betternormal" is essentially the normal generator, but with biomes fixed (many were not working properly), with granite/diorite/andesite added, and with caves added. My method of adding caves is my own, and I've noticed they tend to be large rooms instead of long passageways. I'll try to fix that later.

[​IMG]

"betternether" is just a huge lava lake with netherrack coming out of it (much like the current PocketMine nether). It also has large floating formations of glowstone. I'll make them smaller later, and add things like netherquartz and soul sand.

[​IMG]

"lavalumps" is an experiment with using Worley Noise instead of Perlin Noise. I don't like how it looks now. If I can fix it up, then I'll keep it. If not, I'll probably cut it out.

< image to be added later >

"wackynether" is a nether world with netherrack, stone, and obsidian. None of them touch, they just weave around each other. I'll add more to it later.

[​IMG]

"chainedplatforms" is probably for PVP. There are a number of 8x8 platforms, connected by ramps. I've used perlin noise to break many of the ramps, so it is a bit more treacherous.

[​IMG]

I have a lot of other ideas for generators, and hope to implement a few of them this weekend.

I'm posting here primarily because I want more suggestions on things to add.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Skullex, iDirtPlayzMC, Muqsit and 8 others like this.
  2. pomee4

pomee4 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    pomee4
    Can you add large biomes? :)
    Btw thanks for your plugin!
  3. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    Large biomes should be easy. I'll look into it.
    pomee4 likes this.
  4. pomee4

pomee4 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    pomee4
    Hmm and whad do you think about it: 0-20 air 20-90 ores stines and all the stuff with Huge caves 90-95dirt with the same caves 95- air
  5. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

Ores are already arranged specific to the levels. At level 0, any ore can be found. The maximum level is ore specific. Diamond and Redstone max out at 16. Lapis and Gold max out at 32. Iron goes up to 64. Coal/Dirt/Gravel/Andesite/Diorite/Granite go up to 128.

The dirt at the surface is placed by a populator. It basically starts at 128 and works down until it hits solid ground. It looks up what the next 8 (or so) blocks should be from the biome info, and replaces them. This happens after the generator has already run.

The generator uses biome information to determine the ground height. The biome gives a min and max, and then the terrain generation scales the noise based on how far you are from those values.

I don't quite know how caves work in the PC version, but I was having problems with surface caves. I'd have water above them, and it would create really strange floating water. To fix this, I used the min/max weighting to guarantee there would be no caves at the "min level" (from the biome), and very few caves from the min level to the "min level minus 10". After "min level minus 10", there will be lots of caves. So, unfortunately, there are no surface caves in my generator now.

I think you are suggesting that levels 0-20 should be replaced with air. Do you want to build under level 20? If you just want the ability to fall to your death, I could remove the bedrock in level 0, and it would be the same thing. But, if you want to build down there, I could replace all of 0-20 with air.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  6. pomee4

pomee4 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    pomee4
    I'm not sure what i want :'D . Floating islands connacting on large area is what i imagined.
  7. PocketKiller

PocketKiller Notable Member

8. Creeperface

Creeperface Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CreeperFace
  9. Creeperface

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CreeperFace
    But II can't teleport to the world with your generator
  10. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    I know that if the generator takes a long time or gets in an infinite loop, then teleporting to the world will just stall. Is that what you are seeing?

Also, which generator did you use to create the world?
  11. Creeperface

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    CreeperFace
    Yes and betternormal
  12. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    I just made another world tonight with betternormal, and had no problems with teleporting. The commands I typed from the console were:

Code:
    mw create bnormalworld 0 betternormal
    mw tp chezzik bnormalworld
    Everything worked just fine.

I've implemented two more of my ideas (chainedplatforms and wackynether):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have updated the post at the top. I still haven't looked into larger biomes.

I did download MCP and look at the source code for the PC edition tonight. Unfortunately, the caves code is nearly unreadable. So, I'll have to keep my version of caves for now.
  13. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    Please fix chained platforms :)
  14. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    Are they not working? Or do you just want a non-crumbled version?
  15. Asparanc

Asparanc Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Asparanc
    Some platforms a destroyed, with stone
  16. PhoenixChicken

PhoenixChicken Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    WOW this has just made my factions server fel a LOT more like 11 or 12.0, not like 7.0.
  17. PhoenixChicken

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    The supreme hils can glitch out though... . I think it's cool! *Stares up at randomly corrupted chunks*
  18. PhoenixChicken

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    Anyway my new fav plugin!
  19. lucasvitegui

lucasvitegui Active Member

Minecraft User:
    lucasviteguiBR
    I did it but, when i do mw tp bnormalworld, i can't teleport to there.. my person appears to be freeze.
  20. Jelly9912

Jelly9912 Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Jelly9912
    I have a problem when I create betternormal world and I generate world , then the server stops