Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question MCPE 0.12.x compatible PocketMine

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by Jazzwhistle, Sep 7, 2015.

1. WillotheBlessed

WillotheBlessed Active Member

Minecraft User:
    will
    I'm thinking it might just be the wood slabs. Unfortunately, trap doors are also wacky. I'm using the anvil converter, but still.
  2. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    Generating it was actually fairly easy. For the regular world, 2D Perlin noise is used to determine the factors that lead to biomes, and 3d simplex noise is used to determine where caves are found and the hills that go into the landscape. Pocketmine already provides procedures for both.

I just used the 3d simplex noise, and used it over the entire height (ie from height 1 to 128).

I assume that glowstone should generally not touch netherrack, so I chose everything below a given threshold to be netherrack, everything above a different threshold to be glowstone, and everything between to be air.

I just loaded the test world to take a screenshot and realized that I didn't add lava (although that is very easy), and I used glass instead of glowstone (I was doing a test, and wanted to be able to see through it). I also set the threshold for glowstone too low, so there is far too much of it (err glass). All of these things are trivial to fix. Here's a quick screenshot:
    [​IMG]

I was planning to make a number of different generators and put them all in a plugin. If you are interested, I can get out at least version 1.0.0 this weekend. If you have any suggestions on types of generators you would like to see, just let me know (private message may be good).

Unfortunately, I'm kind of off topic now. Getting back to topic, even if the stable version of Pocketmine does not have a fully functioning nether generator, it shouldn't be hard to have a better generator as a plugin.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  3. lucasvitegui

lucasvitegui Active Member

Minecraft User:
    lucasviteguiBR
    Is it possible to make the generator place any blocks ? Like bed, chests, obsidian, etc
  4. Muqsit

Muqsit Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Muqsit
    :eek: That's incredible!
  5. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    Yes. It's a generator just like the world generator, so it can do anything.

Placing a single chest should be easy. Making it oriented the way you want (N,S,E,W) would be more difficult, and making two of them turn into a large chest may be even more difficult, but should be possible. Placing stuff in the chest may be even more difficult.

For now, I've learned how to make terrain, make lakes, and add ore veins into the ground. I am planning on learning next about how to make dirt layer, and how to spawn trees, flowers, etc next. I'm sure those things aren't difficult. I want to eventually make a bunch of interesting generators (Dr. Seuss world, skylands, etc) and put them into a plugin.

Looking at the normal generator, I found a few bugs and fixed them. For example, I figured out why many of the biomes never show up, and made a fix for that. I also added andesite, granite, and diorite to the generation. I put these bug fixes on a new branch and tried to submit them to github, but found out that I don't have access. I wrote to shoghicp asking what I need to do to contribute code, and got no response.
    Jazzwhistle likes this.
  6. lucasvitegui

Minecraft User:
    lucasviteguiBR
    You probably will become very famous if you make it real. ! the terrain generator of PM are not so smart because there isn't region of caves, and not many different blocks and few trees and flowers...
    For now, would be very interesting if you could submit it in two plugins like: nethergenerator and levelgenerator.
    Good Luck !
  7. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    I think I'll probably make a thread in the "plugin development" forum for this tonight, since we are clearly off topic now.

Over my lunch hour, I made the changes I said I would. It only took about 5 minutes. Here's what I have now:

[​IMG]

I see a couple problems. When I make the lava level 32 (which is what the default nether generator does), then you never have lava lakes on any level above 32. Clearly the MCPE generator does something more sophisticated. Also, using simplex noise for placing glowstone blocks was a bad idea. It does make cool looking islands of glowstone, but some are quite large (I flew around a little to find the one in my screenshot). I think it would be far better to use the ore populator to add glowstone. Currently, I think the default ore populator only places blocks into stone, so I'll have to modify it slightly, so that it can place blocks into air.

I may try to decompile the PC version of Minecraft this weekend, and then just follow exactly what it does.

I'll create a thread in the plugin development forum tonight called "More Generators", and upload a phar for anyone who wants to try out what I have now.

By the way, lucasvitegui, I agree that the game definitely needs caves. I intend to make one of my generators a basic replacement of the normal generator, but add caves, and possibly mineshafts and villages. The phar I have tonight will contain a normal generator that contains granite/andesite/diorite and all biomes (including swamp, etc.). Adding caves to it will be one of my priorities.
  8. PhoenixChicken

PhoenixChicken Active Member

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    So far, Im having Slapper [latest version] and Itemcase go Cuckoo, and Fast Tranfer's phar won't even LOAD.
  9. PhoenixChicken

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    OMG YES! SO DOWNLOADING IT!!! So...... where can I get it at? Can you just like, post it?
  10. PhoenixChicken

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    Chezzick said: Yes. It's a generator just like the world generator, so it can do anything.

Placing a single chest should be easy. Making it oriented the way you want (N,S,E,W) would be more difficult, and making two of them turn into a large chest may be even more difficult, but should be possible. Placing stuff in the chest may be even more difficult.

For now, I've learned how to make terrain, make lakes, and add ore veins into the ground. I am planning on learning next about how to make dirt layer, and how to spawn trees, flowers, etc next. I'm sure those things aren't difficult. I want to eventually make a bunch of interesting generators (Dr. Seuss world, skylands, etc) and put them into a plugin.

Looking at the normal generator, I found a few bugs and fixed them. For example, I figured out why many of the biomes never show up, and made a fix for that. I also added andesite, granite, and diorite to the generation. I put these bug fixes on a new branch and tried to submit them to github, but found out that I don't have access. I wrote to shoghicp asking what I need to do to contribute code, and got no response.

[sry quotes got glitchy for a sec}

Can you send it as a file forus to download? We all NEED caves.
  11. PhoenixChicken

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    OK..... Problem
    I tried to download it, but it won'tlet me get to the page. Can you just... post a copy of the file? Thx. I have a killer 3/4 way built lifeboat size lobby, and I need C-mode to build it.
    MikkiMCPE likes this.
  12. PhoenixChicken

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    OK, I need a empty world generator- but it won't load! *sigh* Did those generator plugins break on 12.0? If so can someone post me a copy of one so I can use it? [small area to spawn in of course]
  13. lucasvitegui

Minecraft User:
    lucasviteguiBR
    Oh. PM 1.6 have a problem and Developers may are thinking that's everything Ok.
    They stopped releasing new builds..
    I have just reported my error in Github and Shoghicp closed my issue and Didn't "Try" to help me.. Said anything about... That sounds like Rude..
    In my opinion, that's a Network problem.. in the server-side. ( in the code). If I am wrong, Nobody from developers tried to help me so i have any other idea what are causing it.

Attached Files:

14. MikkiMCPE

MikkiMCPE Active Member

Minecraft User:
    MikkiMC
    where i can download PocketMine-MP.phar for pm 1.6Dev-28? thanks anyone for help me :)
  15. Gamecrafter

Gamecrafter

Plugins:
    Don't you ever read other posts or look around? It's on the Jenkins server.
  16. MikkiMCPE

MikkiMCPE Active Member

Minecraft User:
    MikkiMC
    yep sorry -_-, thank you
  17. NML32

NML32 Active Member

18. Chezzik

Chezzik New Member

Minecraft User:
    Chezzik
    I put one up already. It's in the "Plugin Development" forum, just like I said it would be.

Here's a direct link
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  19. PhoenixChicken

Minecraft User:
    Phoenix_Chicken
    Hey, errr, If someone all answered this stupid question, I now feel like a noob. o_O But...Anbody have a working Craftingtable or hunger bar, Creative I can live without.
  20. PocketKiller

PocketKiller Notable Member

Lifeboat has :p :p
    PhoenixChicken likes this.