Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I modify a .Phar file?

Comments in 'Plugin Development' started by loginphp, Jul 9, 2014.

1. PEMapModder

PEMapModder Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    PEMapModder
    Put the phar file on the plugins directory to load it. Or,
    Look at https://github.com/PocketMine/PocketMine-MP/issues/1570
    loginphp likes this.
  2. loginphp

loginphp Active Member

Minecraft User:
    loginphp
    I got it working and I was doing everything correctly from the start, but the reason this plugin might not work for some people is because the file name is invalid. I'm glad I caught this or this would have got me stuck for who knows how long :p

When you download DevTools 1.8.0 the file name will say "DevTools_v1.8.0-4c37f602.phar"... This means the plugin doesn't work out of the box until you rename it to "DevTools_v1.8.0.phar". I'm not sure why those extra letters and numbers at the end break the plugin. Something like this should be in the instructions because I can imagine a lot of confused people over this simple issue.

Keep that in mind just so you know incase anybody else says the plugin doesn't work.

Now the new problem I'm facing is using the command "makeplugin". No matter what I name the plugin, it' default name or not, I get either this:

or this...

Am I supposed to keep the folder named to what it was extracted as? Because I've done that also, but still get one of these two errors. I haven't even tampered with the extracted plugin. I'm simply just extracting and trying to rebuild what was extracted to test it. Still no go.

I guess DevTools 1.8 is not extracting plugins to their proper structures. o_O
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014