Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Forum Standards. [Hammers Ready.]

Comments in 'PocketMine News' started by iamadpond, Jul 23, 2016.

1. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    [​IMG]

A brief word, before we start this:
    https://forums.pocketmine.net/threads/the-state-of-pocketmine.17849/

-Opening-

It has come to my attention that user conduct within the forums has dropped significantly. To combat this, I will be advising certain actions to be avoided, and others modified.

-Conduct to other Users-
    Conduct to other users in the forums is at an all time low.

Some things I will not accept:
    Bullying,
    Blatant disrespect or lack of effort to communicate fairly,
    Posting advertisements to other users [Will discuss in a bit],
    Lack of effort to understand another users post, and in turn harass or become ignorant in your reply.
    Spam Posting, Spam Replying.
    Examples:

"Next time you should just not bother asking and just ask for code to copy, because you don't want to l earn"
    Although that is free speech, it's a horrible response to someone. Instead format it like this:
    "<User> maybe you should use the Wiki etc", "Try googling this helpful topic", "Here's the completed code
    maybe you can learn from it :) "

If you don't want to be nice, and just rather blunt. Don't reply in the first place. If I see a person venting
    their personal shit at other members, they will be published. If they continued, theres always a nice spot
    on the ban list for a week.

-Advertising-
    Now I may have been guilty of it at a extremely early stage of this forums existence and may still be with my referral link [I don't think so to be honest, both parties get something out of it and no real money is trading hands], but Advertising in PM's or in forum topics is not allowed. Just today I came across a User who was mass messaging users to sell unfinished plugins to users for $50 each. Disgusting. You know who you are. If you continue to do this, you will be dealt with.

[To clarify, Advertising with the intent of gaining tangible usable Money, is not allowed. Referral Links are okay as they offer the prospect of "Credit" rather than usable Money to which someone may have monetary gain.]

-Plugins-

Remarking with the theme in the previous point, selling plugins on the forums is a big no no. It's pretty bad form as well. Again, charging $50 for a probably half finished plugin is pretty bad. Along with this, distribution of plugins through private messages is a big no no as well. It presents a huge security concern for you as well. Don't take the candy ! Yes I am aware "no one" is reviewing plugins, I'll try get that under control.

Posting plugins in the development section is also a punishable offence. You may post uncompleted and non .phar plugins [Still uncompleted] here, here being the development section.

[Recap] Uncompleted projects and uncomplied plugins [That do not represent a full completed project to which you can release a plugin] can be posted in the development section. Full release plugins posted here are against forum rules as by doing so you bypass the review process.

Stolen Content = 7 Day ban

EXTRA : https://forums.pocketmine.net/threads/new-posting-requirement-read.17843/

-Private Messages-
    Now we don't go through everyone's messages like the NSA, but if you get reported, you get a big shinny "Come here moderator and look at all my chat history" marker. To which we can see your entire chat history, and potentially punish you for each violation we see. ProTip: Don't make someone have to report you due to your conduct within private messages and this won't happen.

-Wrong Forum Posting-
    Not something I, and other staff members will punish you for, but if done enough maybe we might.
    There is numerous forums to post your questions, content and conversations in. All we ask is you seriously have a talk with yourself to see if I'm really posting in the right forum! Think first, click later.

We hope you have enjoyed this Public Service Announcement. Failure to comply will result in punishment.

Tl;dr You do shady shit, you get banned.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    archie426, cake23, Falk and 29 others like this.
  2. Mat

Mat Active Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    matcracker
    Nice refresh of rules, especially for new users! :)
    archie426 and thebigsmileXD like this.
  3. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    :O You are alive! And TBH, you gotta admit most people just go to the tl;dr XD
    archie426 likes this.
  4. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    Nice! Haven't seen an announcement or any posts that got 14 likes within 12 hours after posting!
    archie426 likes this.
  5. jojoe77777

jojoe77777 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    jojoe77777
    here = plugin repo?
    archie426, HotFireyDeath and Survingo like this.
  6. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Here on the forums I believe. For example, if someone requests a plugin, but you haven't finished it yet, you could probably post it on the thread.
  7. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    A uncompleted plugin that contains code and isn't complied yet will be allowed, as it allows anyone to see the nature of the plugin and accept any consequences they may experience as a result of its use.
  8. iamadpond

iamadpond Banned

Minecraft User:
    iamadpond
    I was referring to the development section :) [Recap] Uncompleted projects and uncomplied plugins [That do not represent a full completed project to which you can release a plugin] can be posted in the development section. Full release plugins are against forum rules as by doing so you bypass the review process.
  9. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    This has actually been mentioned by @shoghicp before and resulted in several bans.
    jojoe77777 likes this.
  10. jojoe77777

jojoe77777 Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    jojoe77777
    Yeah, happened to me soon after I joined :(
  11. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    Lovely update, i accept and appreciate this.
  12. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    I remember that XD
  13. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    I totally agree.
    Bad behavior is disgusting. I would like to also put people's attention to this post here. (Not advertising, simply adding a part that @iamadpond may also like.)
    The Rules. This post was pinned by a PocketMine official staff, so this post can be trusted. (If you trust PM Staff, that is.)
    https://forums.pocketmine.net/threads/rules-what-where-why.17238/

These rules can be found all over most of the PocketMine websites, and can be found in the link above.

Nobody's perfect, but following those rules, then nothing can go wrong. :)
  14. amiremad

amiremad Active Member

Minecraft User:
    amir107
    first time i saw this i thought that there is a new pocketmine staff member and pocketmine will be back lol
    archie426 and TheDeibo like this.
  15. TheDeibo

TheDeibo Notable Member Plugin Developer

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    TheDeibo
    I got to admit, I thought there was new staff too, but as we read it, it's not.
    Aww well. Also, I believe that only Shoghicp has the power to make people staff. (So I've been told from a Higher user than myself)
    archie426 likes this.
  16. MegaSamNinja

MegaSamNinja Active Member

Minecraft User:
    MegaSamNinja
    I hope the rules will be applied to Stack Overflow since there is so much bullying over there.
    Apart from that, It nice to see some changes within the forums.
    archie426 and Smarticles101 like this.
  17. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    Citation from @Intyre confirmed.
    TheDeibo likes this.
  18. SOFe

SOFe Banned

Minecraft User:
    Herobrine
    I think we want StackOverflow rules here instead.
  19. Legoboy0215

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
    Same. But the rues here are ok too.
  20. thebigsmileXD

thebigsmileXD Banned

Plugins:
    Minecraft User:
    XenialDan
    They totally are. Would be nice if everyone would read them before posting.