1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Join the PocketMine Community, share experiences, ask questions, vote plugins! Sign Up Today!

creating server for 0.8.1

Comments in 'PocketMine-MP Help' started by or aharoni, Dec 23, 2013.

1. or aharoni

or aharoni

i saw the development of the minepockets file which called : pocketmine -mp 039ede
    my question is if someone can explain me how to use it because i have mcpe 0.8.0
    and i think it should work for it (correct me if im wrong) but wheni type it in the external it doesnt do anything...

thanks to those who can help !!
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. Darunia18

Darunia18 Staff Member Sectional Moderator

I'm sorry, can you explain your problem a bit clearer? Maybe describe it a bit more?
  3. Glitchmaster_PE

Glitchmaster_PE Plugin Developer

MinePocket is a server ;)
  4. or aharoni

or aharoni

ok so it go like this :
    i downloaded the minepocket file and installed it , then , i downloaded the development file that allows to create server for version 0.8.1 mcpe , i wrote a name for the server and address and port and all....
    and then i clicked the starting file , in the black screen it wrote that its done ,
    but when i try to add the server i created to my mcpe in my android device, it doesnt do anything
    how can i fix it ??
  5. Darunia18

Ok I understand now. Well if you are connected to the same Wi-Fi that your server is running on, you don't need to add it as a server. It should show up as a local game. However, if you still want to add the server IP, make sure it is your external IP address (you can find it by googling "IP" and it should be at the top of the page).

Also, if you are outside the Wi-Fi of your server, be sure that you have port forwarded port 19132 correctly. If you do not know what port forwarding is or how to do it, look at either one of the following posts. They should be able to help you.

http://forums.pocketmine.net/index.php?threads/port-forwarding-guide.1294/
    http://forums.pocketmine.net/index.php?threads/super-easy-way-to-port-forward.1455/

I hope this helped :)
  6. or aharoni

or aharoni

i did the open forwarding thing but it still doesnt do anything when im typing the name of the server in the external option....
  7. Let It Snow!

Let It Snow!

It's not "MinePocket" it's "PocketMine" :p
  8. or aharoni

or aharoni

lol nvm i solved it , butttt i have another problem.... is there anyway to connect to the server if im outside the wifi range ?
  9. Let It Snow!

Let It Snow!

Well thats a problem with Wi-Fi (not even a real problem) maybe 3-4G, not PocketMine, nor Minecraft :p
  10. or aharoni

or aharoni

I know but im asking if there is any way that i can log into the server i created from every where and not only when im near the router (the wifi range)
  11. Let It Snow!

Let It Snow!

^^^
  12. MegaSamNinja

MegaSamNinja

Update your MCPE to 0.8.1
  13. Darunia18

If you port forwarded correctly, you should be able to as long as you connect with your external IP and if you are connected to Wi-Fi. If you want to use a 3G/4G signal, you can only do so with a secondary app available on Android called BlockLauncher. This app also allows easy installation of mods, texture packs, etc. It is definitely worth looking into.
  14. or aharoni

or aharoni

how do i use the blocklauncher for that purpose ? can you explain please ?
  15. Darunia18

BlockLauncher allows you to connect to servers with a 3G/4G signal instead of needing Wi-Fi to connect.
  16. Let It Snow!

Let It Snow!

Yes, but BlockLuancher Pro is specifically for Android