Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't join server with Public IP

Comments in 'Help' started by BeckenPlayZMCPEX, Mar 12, 2017.

1. BeckenPlayZMCPEX

BeckenPlayZMCPEX New Member

Minecraft User:
    BeckenPlayZMCPE
    Hey guys, I am Becken, a small youtuber and I wanted to create a PocketMine Server but getting some problems so I want you guys to help me with a few things that I am facing problems with.
    I created a PocketMine Serverand then I opened the port 19132. Then I accidently changed my server ip from 0.0.0.0 to my IPv4 Address in server.properties and then when i tried to join the server with Public IP, the server didn't work. So, I thought that it is the issue with the ip I changed on my server. So, I changed it back to 0.0.0.0 but when I started the server, it said "Failed to bind on 0.0.0.0:19132, Perhaps a server is already running on that port" Then I changed the server port to 19133 in server.properties but my router was unable to open port 19133. So, I changed the server ip back to my IPv4 Address and so I tried again to join with public ip and still I failed. Is the problem with the ip change in server.properties? Should the ip remain same as 0.0.0.0? If we change it, it will not work on public ip? If you guys know a solution, please make sure to answer.
  2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    keep the IP 0.0.0.0 i think that's for multicraft i am not sure but it probably wouldnt matter
    you should kill all instances of PM and PHP (if you dont know how, just reboot your device and hope PMMP dosent auto start)
    it should fixes itself
    and you should be able to port forward it via your router