Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice for new server setup for kids

Comments in 'General Discussion' started by ulizama, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    not really it will made them asking for money instead use eleet it feature rcon console ftp blah blah blah
  2. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT New Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDiamondYT7
    #Plugins its easy. I can code on in under 5 minutes!
  3. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT New Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDiamondYT7
    i
    I wa talking about the mass change gamemode....

PHP:
    foreach($this->getServer()->getOnlinePlayers() as $p){

$p->setGameMode($args[1]);
    }
    That would be inside the command function. Untested.
  4. xiaoq

xiaoq Active Member

Minecraft User:
    xiaoq
    btw, your daughter/son is very happiness, In my country a father will never support they children in game, so impossible to create a server for them. xD, tell your kid enjoy it
  5. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT New Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDiamondYT7
    Hi! Welcome to the forums!

Do you require any custom plugins? I can also do configuration editing to make it more suited towards children. Name a plugin, and I will make it! (So long as it won't take me weeks to code so not a HUGE one).

Contact me in DM here or on twitter
    https://Twitter.com/TheDiamondYT
  6. Mercador

Mercador New Member

Minecraft User:
    Merc
  7. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Notable Member

Minecraft User:
    Legoboy0215
  8. Mercador

Mercador New Member

Minecraft User:
    Merc
    Yeah, it's a PC on a stick. They're gonna be more common since we now have fanless pcs.
  9. richardcbristol

richardcbristol Active Member

Awesome post and replies! Just what I need to set up my server this weekend. Thanks everyone!

(Now if only I could get all the latest objects and work out why minecarts and tracks aren't working in latest stable bleeding edge version...)
  10. k3ithkfng

k3ithkfng Active Member

Minecraft User:
    K3ith
    Not everything is implemented into PocketMine, you'll just have to wait.
  11. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT New Member

Minecraft User:
    TheDiamondYT7
    Minecarts and rails are currently not implemented. Same goes for farming (I think), brewing, enchanting table (You can still add enchantments with the /enchant command), Redstone, some crafting, nether portals, and a while heap of other stuff.

However, PocketMine does include basic Nether generation. You can achieve this by changing the 'level-type' in server.properties to 'hell', and generating a new world.

For a list of unimplemented things, look in the issue tracker of https://GitHub.com/PocketMine/PocketMine-MP - There are many issues that ask why things don't work and the reply is they are not implemented.
  12. richardcbristol

Thanks for this. It would be useful to have a sticky post in the forum listing the things not yet implemented in pocketmine but I guess it gets tricky due to all the plugins etc? But it would still be useful for newbies like me :)
  13. richardcbristol

I set up a new group with name spectator (although obviously any name would do) with no permissions and set it as the default group. However when the play joins they do go in this group but seem to have quite a few permissions, including the main one of being able to build in my creative world (and destroy). Did you manage to prevent that?

Also when players joining I'm seeing an error:

[Server thread/CRITICAL]: "Could not pass event 'pocketmine\event\player\PlayerJoinEvent' to 'SimpleAuth v1.7.1': Illegal offset type on SimpleAuth\EventListener

Which is odd as I've not tinkered with the auth settings yet. (It tells the player to /Register <password> but you don't need to, just type the password which is confusing, I'm sure I can fix that though).
  14. Thunder33345

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    well...
    use server auth(another stable auth plugin)
  15. richardcbristol

Well I may try it but the SimpleAuth does seem to be working other than logging this error. But I would be interested still in how to properly set spectator permissions so they can view and travel around the worlds i'll build and chat to players (probably) but not build/destroy anything...
  16. Thunder33345

Minecraft User:
    Thunder33345
    well set default gamemode as 3 so they will be spec
    here is the download
    https://github.com/EvolSoft/ServerAuth
  17. richardcbristol

Can't say I like the repeated Please register messages and i tried changing the interval so it didn't spam the login screen but that didn't seem to work. Also set default gamemode to 3 and could still break blocks. I suspect the other plugins overriding that setting. (I set it correctly, the server said Default game type: Spectator Mode) when it started.

Think I need to remove my plugins and try one at a time until I get the set up I like.
  18. richardcbristol

Yep without plugins obviously spectator mode as default works :) Sorry I'll stop spamming this thread until I have new questions or I share my actual set up when it's all working :)
  19. richardcbristol

Well I've tried but I can't work it out. I can set default mode to spectator, and change that mode for a player, but when they log back in they're spectator again. What I want is that the default group using pure perms allows wandering anywhere in my server and chatting but no building at all. But the build permission was removed from pureperms a while back as too buggy. I've got the access sorted so people can join and register and I can assign them to groups and I can see how to set permissions from plugins for each group so that's all fine. But still not how to restrict what gamermode is allowed for each group. I will have multiple worlds at some point but initially want a creative world but you can only join in when I say so. Any more detail on how to configure pocketmine / plugins appreciated.
  20. richardcbristol

Sorry for the spam but hopefully this will help anyone else reading who also wants to do this.

I think I've worked it out in my head how do to this... Default as spectator or adventure and guest group has no permissions to change gamemode. Set settings per world for your players and admin accordingly. I just need to work out how to trigger setting appropriate gamemode in each world (but leave guests as spectators) or get the players to do that themselves. Will back up world's regularly in case of accidents or look at protect plugins to protect important buildings. I can see that there are a lot of possibilities here. Will probably draw the line at my own plugins though for now :)
    Jazzwhistle likes this.